Ready or not, here it comes… Winter weather will be here before you know it. Cold nights and chilly gusts of wind will put your home’s insulation to the test. How confident are you that it’ll hold up? Will your insulation prove strong enough to keep you and your family warm this winter?
Here are some telltale signs that your insulation may not be as strong as you think it is:
- You can feel drafts in certain parts of the house.
- Some parts of the house are warmer or colder than others.
- You’ve noticed that your heating or cooling system seems to run almost all the time.
- You’ve noticed that your utility bills are much higher than they should be.
- You can see see that your insulation is stiff or crumbling (these are signs that your insulation is too old).
If any of those sound familiar to you, then you should definitely consider installing new insulation—or, at the very least, have a contractor come to your house and assess the insulation in person. Even if it’s a problem with your building envelope instead of your insulation, you’ll need to fix it so you can save money on energy bills and keep your family comfortable all winter long.
If you’re in the Katy area, have an insulation contractor from DD Mechanical Services come take a look at your home’s insulation. We’ll examine the insulation and advise you on the next step. Give us a call today!